ID requirements for licenses and identification cards
Identification and documentation you will need if you are applying for a driver’s license.
Why ID cards Required?
U.S, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Ireland, Australia, Belgium National ID Card for Proof of Identity
Some instances of original documents that have a photo and may be used as proof of individuality include:
- an ID card or driver’s license issued by any official government
- a valid passport, nexus card or permanent resident card
- Unacceptable identification
The following types are not accepted as proof of identity:
- Debit and Credit cards or cheque cashing cards
- Social Insurance Number cards
- Interim or temporary driver’s licences
- business and organization membership cards
If your ID is lost, stolen, destroyed or you cannot present enough identification to have a driver license or ID card issued to you, a registry agent can help you.
You may be asked doubts that only you will know the answer to, or you may be asked to provide documents which you have.
A registry agent not able to issue you a driver’s licence or identification card unless they are fully satisfied that you are a genuine person.